Below please find descriptions of some of the volunteer opportunities available during the year. Volunteer opportunities will be communicated by Facebook, through email, and at the link below for SignUp.com. If you are not able to donate your time, there are opportunities to donate food and other supplies.
Marching Band Events
- Band Camp – Work kitchen shifts to keep students fed and hydrated throughout the day or donate food for meals.
- Football Games – Sell snacks and drinks to the students in the cafeteria during third quarter, sell spirit wear, move band equipment onto the field for performance (Pit Crew), or help with uniforms after game.
- Competitions – Pit Crew, Bus Chaperones and Spirit Committee
- Pit Crew – Load and move band equipment, help students with uniforms before and after competitions, provide students with snacks, water, and anything else they may need. It is tradition for the Pit Crew to share a potluck meal after the work is done!
- Bus Chaperones – Ride the bus with the band to and from events, take attendance and help as needed. Join the Pit Crew for the potluck!
- Spirit Committee – Send off the Marching Mustangs on competition days.
- Tag Day – Adult drivers are needed to take groups of 4-6 students on specified routes around Madeira. We need MANY volunteers to make this successful.
- Madeira Street Dance – Sell beer/wine tickets and staff the beer/wine booths. Adults only. Requires attendance at a brief alcohol-education class provided by the Madeira Police.
- Madeira Art Fair – Help with set-up, grilling, serving, sales, and clean-up. Adults and students welcome.